Wednesday, 09/21/2016 - 8:30am - Patrick Mell on Wednesday morning, September, 21, 2016, the American Power Boat Association held its Annual Meeting in Eastpointe, Michigan, to announce the winners of the 2016 Board of Directors election. This year we received 2298 votes divided between 13 candidates and 24 write-ins. Below are the Annual Meeting minutes.
American Power Boat Association Annual Meeting – Election Purposes September 21st 2016
1. Meeting called to order by President Mark Wheeler at 8:30 am.
2. Attendees: Patrick Mell, Sabrina Haudek, Linda Likert, Cindy Minoletti and Mark Wheeler.
3. Ballot results presented from LGK and Associates – Independent Accounting Firm.
4. Below are the results presented by LGK and Associates: Candidates for Board of Directors Votes Received
Howie Nichols 342
John Runne 255
Chris Fairchild 215
Jean MacKay-Schwartz 196
(Tie with Matt Yarno) Matt Yarno 196
(Tie with Jean MacKay-Schwartz)
Jan Shaw 184
Gary Miller 165
David Shaw 156
Katelyn Shaw 151 (Tie with Bill Thompson)
Bill Thompson 151 (Tie with Katelyn Shaw)
R, Scott Schatz 139
Dan Bunting 77
David Richardson 71
Write in Votes for 24 members 28
5. President Wheeler accepts member proxies and votes accordingly.
6. President Wheeler acknowledges that there has been a tie for the fourth and final Board of Director’s position. Because APBA Bylaws and Robert’s Rules of Order are silent on how to break the tie a coin toss was to be used to break the tie.
7. It was agreed that “Heads” would mean Jean MacKay-Schwartz would be the winner and “Tails” Matt Yarno would be the winner of the fourth Board position.
8. Patrick Mell flipped the coin and it came up Heads determining that Jean MacKay-Schwartz was the winner of the fourth and final Board of Director’s position. The coin was verified by P. Mell, S. Haudek, L. Likert, and C. Minoletti.
9. President Wheeler acknowledged the newly elected Board members Howie Nichols, John Runne, Chris Fairchild and Jean MacKay-Schwartz. He asks that this information be published on the APBA website, emailed to the candidates and be included in the upcoming issue